Cardamom essential oil is extracted from the fragrant seed pods of the Elettaria Cardamomum plant, native to India and now grown commercially throughout Asia. In traditional Ayurvedic therapies the spice was used in preparations to assist the body through a virus and to aid in digestive complaints. The practise of aromatherapy utilises this oil in much the same way. Applied to the stomach in an aromatherapy blend, this settling oil can help ease stomach cramps and indigestion. It can also be used to energise a lethargic mind and to support the body to recover from periods of illness.
Ingredients: 100% Elettaria cardamomum (cardamon) seed oil
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Aroma: Sweet & warm with a rich aroma
- Fragrance Family: Spicy
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Consistency and Colour: Thin and colourless
- Blends Well With: Exotic floral oils such as Neroli & Ylang Ylang and with other spice based oils such as Ginger & Coriander
- Shelf Life: Once opened, store in a cool dark place and use within 12 months.
For external use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with sensitive areas, such as eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy. Best kept in a cool dry place. Naturally occurring allergens: Citral, Geraniol, Limonene & Linalool.